It’s easy for books to become swallowed up in the void that is the publishing industry. After all, there are millions of books published and some genres are incredibly popular. Idea generation and the writing of your book plays a significant but small part of the whole process. If you want to make your books visible to the world, you must put in the time and effort.
Here are 5 top tips as a starting point.
- Plan ahead. Research other books that are in your chosen niche. What have they done to make their books so popular? Check out book covers and descriptive blurb too. Review the top 20 books on Amazon and learn from their examples.
- Write a detailed marketing plan. What makes your book stand out from the rest and why should readers choose your book compared to others? Set a marketing budget and plan which websites will be best to market your book.
- Create a plan for a series of books in your niche and then, title them accordingly. Book one, book two and so on.
- Get a website so to build a platform on which to engage with and promote your books. Create a Facebook author page and a Twitter account and link the two.
- Think outside the box. Brand yourself after all, you have attached your name to your book and you are proud of it. Let others know that you are an author and that you love the written word. Live the dream.